Sweet Heat

 

Sweet Heat from Camille Wilson’s Free Spirit Cocktails

  • Mango juice
  • Hot honey
  • Lemon juice
  • Garnish: lemon twist

Equipment: jigger, shaker, knife, citrus press

Me: It was as sweet as it was spicy, and the heat lingered all over. I want to say it was nectar-like in thickness but it was a notch or two below that ranking. I couldn’t taste the lemon but definitely the mango, which I smelled before taking my first sip.

GJ: This was very fruity and tangy. The heat hit the back of my throat, but not right away, and it wasn’t overwhelming; that’s what was nice about it. I liked that it was kind of syrup-y but not nearly enough to keep it from being refreshing.

Another Round? Oh yeah. And we’re both interested in topping off our next round with some sparkling water.