The Berry-tini and The Stork

I get it. No two fruits are the same. Take the strawberry and blackberry, for example. Ripened, each boasts its own characteristics of tart and sweet.

But when I saw the ingredients of the Berry-Tini and the Strawberry Stork in Alyssa Gusenoff’s Margarita Mama, I felt like I was being played.

So, throwdown time. No pun intended.

Berry-Tini (shaken) from Margarita Mama

  • Blackberries
  • Lemon-lime soda
  • Lime juice
  • Ice 

Equipment: muddler, cocktail shaker, strainer

Strawberry Stork (blended) from Margarita Mama

  • Strawberries
  • Lemon-lime soda
  • No ice

Equipment: blender

Me: The tartness of the Stork spread to my cheeks before the liquid did. Not the Berry-tini, which was lighter in flavor with barely any tang. Both were refreshing, but I preferred the fruity fullness of the Stork as well as its sweet fresh smell that hit my nose before the first sip.

GJ: It was the Berry-tini’s tang that hit my cheeks. It was smooth in texture like the Stork. But the Stork was frothy too (not slushy). The Stork had a nice balance of sweet and tang, and it smelled berry-y and sweet. It’s hard to choose between the two. Maybe the blackberry?

Another Round? We’ll have both daily. I’d like to swap techniques one day by blending the Berry-tini ingredients and shaking the Stork’s.