Peach Tonic

I’d heard of the Bellini, but I don’t remember ever drinking one. I wasn’t even thinking “Bellini” when I first saw this recipe, making the mid-twentieth century cocktail an afterthought until today, believe it or not.

What I’ve learned so far is that the Peach Tonic is made like the Bellini, with a white peach puree of fresh fruit. One booze-based recipe even used blanching to peel the peaches, as my spirit-free bev's instructions did.

A bit of this mocktail’s tonic water is blended into the puree, however. And, unlike the Bellini, the Peach Tonic is on the rocks.

Needing to add my signature twist, I forgot the sugar required to rim the glasses. I guess agave or date syrup can’t replace sugar in any recipe. #StudyYourRecipe

Peach Tonic from Doris Muliar’s Cocktails for Drivers

  • White peach (I used the normies.)
  • Lemon
  • Peach or kiwi nectar (Peach or bust.)
  • Tonic water
  • White sugar
  • Ice

Equipment: blender

Me: I could smell the peaches before my first sip. Fresh. The head was as tangy as the drink, which was silky. For me it was more tangy than sweet overall. Definitely peachy.

GJ: Smooth. Almost, I don’t want to say “creamy”. But smooth. Nice foam. Nice tang from the peach. On the flatter side even though tonic is a main ingredient. It was just as sweet as it was tangy, but not overly tangy (like, acidic). Yeah, this is really good.

Another Round? Yes. Daily and with a sugar rim, please.