The Bae



For what it’s worth, adult drinking culture is becoming less resistant to non-alcoholic beverages.

There’s a store in our area dedicated to non-alcoholic products (small with only one location). So that’s where I like to swing by for mockspiration, not one of the two major liquor store chains that now go beyond a few near beer options.

On our most recent trip to the self-proclaimed “non-alcoholic bottle shop”, I asked about ginger-forward products to put a spin on the Saratoga Cooler I eventually made. We were offered a taste of Tenneyson.

For reasons that I might never write about, I prefer to mix my own spirit-free bevs. But I wasn’t on the fence about supporting Tenneyson.

What I did was a shaken mash-up of the Saratoga Cooler ingredients with some, if I may, Tenney. I went with the fourth bev build combo on the side of their product’s packaging.

The Bae

  • Ginger syrup
  • Soda
  • Tennyson
  • Lemon

Equipment: citrus press, strainer, cocktail shaker

Me: The first taste was punchy, followed by an orange rind bitterness in the aftertaste of the next few sips. Then the ginger started creeping in, coating the inside of my mouth and even my lips with heat BUT the entire bev was curiously mouth-puckering.

GJ: Really gingery. Tart too. I can taste the lemon, the sweetness of the syrup, and a bit of citrus. But the ginger taste is really strong. This is definitely something to sip on, not chug.

Another Round? Daily for GJ. Weekly for me. It’s an indulgent bev.