Flight-ish: Green Lemonade

Weaving childhood memories of our Jack Lalanne Power Juicer or my first trimester wheatgrass shots into this post dims the spotlight on the happenstance that brought green lemonade into my life.

It wasn’t yet 2010, so all-things plant-based still had an untainted sincerity. Natalia Rose’s green lemonade made such an impact on my life that when I didn’t have a juicer, I made smoothies out of the ingredients.

I still don’t have a juicer. Good thing my agua frescas reminded me that sieving isn’t as time-consuming as I often imagine it.

I did a 50/50 mix of green lemonade with one of three waters: club, tonic, and seltzer. Not enough combos in my book for a flight, but no one complained, and the sipping was inspirational.

Green Lemonade from Natalia Rose’s The Raw Food Detox Diet

  • Romaine
  • Kale
  • Apple
  • Lemon juice
  • Ginger

Equipment: blender and strainer OR juicer, knife, peeler

Me: I was looking forward to the tonic, and it didn’t disappoint. Bubbly green lemonade with all the flavors coming through. The club soda’s fizz factor and slight saltiness were noticeable. It didn’t flatten the green lemonade’s taste like the seltzer did.
GJ: The seltzer and club tasted the same, more apple than ginger compared to the tonic one, which I liked better. The tonic had a little more sourness and spiciness to it and didn’t taste as green as the other two.
Another Round? A daily of each for GJ, and a daily tonic and club soda for me.